- Are the aluminum tabs recycled or are they bought from a factory?
- Where do all of the tabs come from?
- Are the tabs clean?
- Who designed the bags?
- Are the artists compensated fairly for their work?
1. Are the aluminum tabs recycled or are they bought from a factory?
The tabs are 100% post-consumer recycled aluminum pull tabs.
2. Where do all of the tabs come from?
The artist cooperatives buy tabs by the kilo from aluminum recycling centers located near Brasília, Brazil. The tabs are collected by recyclers who sell large quantities of scrap aluminum to the recycling centers.
3. Are the tabs clean?
Yes. The artists prepare the tabs in several stages before they begin the work of crochet: the tabs are washed and rinsed several times with clean water, they are then disinfected, polished and then trimmed of sharp edges.
4. Who designed the bags?
Francisca Ribeiro de Souza designed the first Socorro bag in late 2003 and this established the design theme for our current line. The other bag models have been developed jointly with designers and with the cooperatives who are experts in the art of crochet.
5. Are the artists compensated fairly for their work?
Yes. Individual artists working in the cooperatives are earning a fair living wage for their work. Income generated from their craft work is significantly higher than the Brazilian minimum monthly wage.
6. What is im电竞app注册's return policy for online purchases?
Items purchased online at www.escamastudio.com may be returned for refund within 15 DAYS from the date that the shipment was received. For more complete details please view our Return Policy .